Who doesn’t like a few Fun Facts™️?
Usually, there is so much more than meets the eyes with art and music. That’s why we are sharing 10 things you probably didn’t know about us and where you can find more information about each thing! Let’s go!
- We are 100% DIY
- We don’t have any backing, label, pr, or assistance in creating or marketing our music. We’ve learned how to do all ourselves.
- We self fund our music (along with help from our Patrons) from our own money. We’ve yet to personally pay ourselves even a dime.
- We write, record, produce, mix, and master all our songs
- Check out a 3-Part article we wrote about what it’s like to be an Indie Musician:
- Trevor and Bethany are married
- Wade and Trevor have been friends since they were 8
- We are all self-taught not only musically, but with music recording and producing. None of us have had formal training other than online courses or lessons
- We don’t have a physical drummer but our drums are real
- Bethany is from the USA while Wade and Trevor were both born and raised in Canada
- Bethany moved to Canada after she and Trevor got married, so she currently considers herself an “American-Canadian”, which is why in early biographies of the band, we referred to ourselves as “An American-Canadian Band”.
- The art for our debut album BLOOM was inspired by our failed business
- Something good can come from anything if you let it. Hear the whole story:
- Our unique band name is actually from the Bible
- Read how it came to be: Naming the Band
- We don’t believe in doing live shows unless we have an audience to play for
- We believe the future of music is in building a fan base that can support us on tour, not going into debt to open for bigger bands, or doing bar gigs till we get “discovered” (because that doesn’t really happen anymore).
- We focus our energy on reaching new fans, like you, so we can get closer and closer to hitting the road as soon as is feasible for us and giving YOU a kick-@$$ show
- Watch us answer some of our fan’s personal questions, like this one, here: You Asked, We Answered! Our first ever Fan Q&A
- We have an exclusive Fan Club!
That’s right, we share tons more stuff with our Gem’s Family including regular chats through our Discord, videos about how we wrote and recorded both our albums, how we produce music, what we do when the cameras aren’t on, and so much more! In fact, there is so much more stuff that we have a whole page dedicated to it! Find out about all the perks YOU can get access to here:
Curious about even more stuff? That’s why this News section is on our site! Do a little light reading or watching anytime at standsonsapphires.com/news